2013 was a good year for me many accomplishments, adventures and great moments had with friends. It’s now time to look forward to 2014 and what I plan to accomplish over the next year.
- Healthier Lifestyle – This is a joint goal for Scott and I as we often get into a food rut which ends up with us eating a ton of stuff that isn’t really all that healthy. We had done a good job of eliminating super processed stuff for a month in 2013 but then we fell back into poor habits. So we are starting off 2014 by eating all the stuff in the house to wipe the proverbial slate clean and then eliminating overly processed food and sugary snacks. This goal also includes me doing some form of exercise on a semi-regular basis as my current system of sitting around isn’t the best.
- Explore California – This has been something on my list since I moved to Los Angeles as California has such interesting places and wildlife that I want to explore. I’m proud to say that I already started tackling this goal by starting our 2014 camping in Joshua Tree National Park (posting pictures soon) and are making plans to go camping in the Sequoia National Park for our anniversary in April.
- Increase Sewing Skills – Earlier in 2013 I started sewing, thanks to some crafty ladies who have been my teachers. Scott got me a sewing machine for my birthday, so now I really want to get better at sewing in straight lines and make myself all sorts of things.
- Research Ancestry – I don’t know a lot about my family origins outside of my grandparents so I want to start researching my family tree and get better acquainted with my family origins.
- Budget, Budget, Budget – This is something I always want to do and “try” to do but it never really works out. This year I am going to make and stick to a budget! It has to happen, I live paycheck to paycheck and it has to stop. Now that my income is stable, this SHOULD be easier. Fingers crossed.
What are your plans for 2014?