Here are some highlights from the past two months.
Halloween Movie Massacre 666
Shawn and Alix threw their 6th Halloween movie marathon in October, where we watched movies and consumed massive amounts of vegan food for 24 hours. I made Isa’s cashew queso, pumpkin spice mini donuts and mini crunch bars with peanut butter shell drizzle. We also visited Donut Friend in Highland Park and I was able to get my favorite type of donut, chocolate icing with sprinkles!
Here’s what we watched:
IT’S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974)
FRIDAY THE 13th: THE FINAL CHAPTER
HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH
Farmhouse Conf 5
Scott and I attended our first Farmhouse Conf (which coincidently was the last Farmhouse Conf) in November. I had been super bummed that I missed Peter Young’s talk at Farmhouse Conf 3 and as soon as I saw he would be back for the last one, Scott and I grabbed our tickets. It was such a lovely day. The entire thing took place beneath a massive 100-year-old Avocado tree in Hollywood. We listened to a variety of speakers who talked about collapse in various ways. My personal highlights were Julie Ann Horvath, Richard Heinberg, Mitch Artman, Jessica Hirsch and of course Peter Young. The other awesome thing about the Conf was that all the food was vegan! We had Ronald’s donuts for breakfast, Veggie Grill for lunch and Pure Luck Pop-up for dinner. While I am super bummed I missed the previous 4 Farmhouse Confs, I’m so happy I was able to make it to the final installment.
DIY Juice Cleanse no. 2
Maybe you read about my first DIY Juice Cleanse back in August, well I did it again in November and made some adjustments. My first go around I wasn’t super crazy about my “dinner” juice which had beets in it which while I like in some things, I just could not make myself drink the entire juice. So this time around I replaced it with a third green juice and the results were fantastic! I was in the most hectic week of work and I felt great the entire time. Since I bought my supplies the last go around, this time the entire 3 day cleanse only cost me about $35!
Here are the updated juice formulas I used this time around:
1. Green Juice – 3/4 cup water, 2 Apples, 3 Kale leaves, 3 Romaine leaves, 1 Lemon, Handful of Parsley, and 1 Handful of Spinach.
2. Carrot, Apple, Orange – 1/2 cup water, 6 carrots, 1 orange, 1 apple, slice of pineapple, 1 lemon, 2 inch piece of ginger and ¼ teaspoon turmeric.
3. Kale, Apple, Lemon – 3 apples, one bunch of kale (about 10-12 leaves) and 1/2 a lemon.
4. Spicy Lemonade – 14 oz water, 3 lemons, A few dashes of Cayenne Pepper, 1 TBSP of Agave Nectar.
5. Green Juice – 3/4 cup water, 2 Apples, 3 Kale leaves, 3 Romaine leaves, 1 Lemon, Handful of Parsley, and 1 Handful of Spinach.
6. Cashew Almond Milk – 16 oz water, 1/4 cup Almonds, 1/4 cup Cashews, 1 TBSP Agave, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla and 1/8 tsp nutmeg.
How was your fall?